Considering the number of rumors, PS4 is considerably thin. There is news even about Wii U to be called as the next generation console, especially when there are numerous reviews about Wii U’s powerful hardware as compared to age-old PS3. If you have done some of the research yourself, you may probably know about the hardware packed in the Wii U. Now the question to ask is, whether you should wait for the truly trusted Sony environment or fall for the, now available Wii U?
The official release date for the Sony PS4 is not available and anything considering this available over the web is either made up or is somewhat a non reliable information. Let’s just talk about the thing, for which you are here for! An article on the VgLeaks claims to have the PS4 leaks and gives the basic idea on how the PS4 will stack up. This article in the VgLeaks claims very high-end specs and even the mainstream gamers will have to think once before buying the PS4. Reading the specs will surely make you spread your eyes once in while as these are too much for a home console, but who knows, what they will cost in the next year.
PS4 Specs :CPU
- 4core (2core pairs), 3.2 GHz AMD x86 — Steamroller
- approx 10x PS3 performance in terms of PPU.
- 512 KB L2 cache per core
- 64 Bit support.
- 64 Bit pointers
PS4 Specs : GPU
- AMD R10x series GPU, clocked at 800MHz
- Approx 12x graphics performance. 10x RSX performance. 1.84 TFlops
- Microsoft’s Direct X 11.5
- 18 computing units with the focus on grained compute and tessellation
PS4 Specs : Memory
- 2Giga Byte UMA, pushing for 4 Gbyte
- 192 Giga Byte sec non-coherent
- 12Giga Byte per sec coherent access for CPU
- more than 50% memory latency for the CPU/GPU as compared to PC
- Lowest compression in the memory block due to the lowest bpp texture compression format
PS4 Specs : Media
- 50 GB Blue Ray drive
- PCAV 3.3.
- 8-10x Blue ray drive.
- Automatic caching to the HDD for faster access.
- 380GB HDD for the storages of the games locally
- Downloadable games.
These just look like an Alpha build and will provide an improved performance as compared to the age-old PS3. If Sony released the PS4 with these specs, then it would perform about 10 times the PS3. Who knows, It may even cost 10 times as compared to the PS3 although I wish not. I’d like to know, how much you are willing to pay of this rugged piece. do a comment below.
Sandipan Mukherjee is the author of this article. He is a freelance writer who loves to write on various topics including personal blogging, fashion and interior design. Currently he writes for gulvafslibning.mobi a Danish flooring company.