The CyanogenMOD 9 has finally arrived for the HTC Wildfire S and will update the phone to Android 4.0 ICS. Here we will be checking out, how one can install this update in their HTC Wildfire S without any problem to the phone. This is not an official update by HTC as they have discontinued the HTC Wildfire S in most of the countries. This update has been provided by the CyanogenMOD team and as we know they are always eager to support the legacy devices so some more updates can be expected.
This ROM is currently in the alpha mode so you can expect some bugs and some non-functionality during the regular day-to-day use. but considering the hardware configuration of the HTC Wildfire S we it is a must try. During the course of this article, we will be discussing the process of installing the CyanogenMOD 9 ICS in HTC Wildfire S.
Disclaimer: We would not be held responsible for any damage caused to your device due to the usage of this guide written by us. There are possibilities that your device can stop working, but that is a very unlike event if you follow our given procedure carefully. Neither the developer nor us will be held responsible.
Pre-Requisites before installing this CyanogenMOD 9 ICS in HTC Wildfire S
- The Procedure written in this guide is for HTC Wildfire S.
- Use the Android Backup guide written by us to backup SMS, MMS, Call Logs and other important stuff stored on your mobile phone.
- Charge your mobile phone or make sure that it has around 60% battery because, if the device gets switched of in between the process then your mobile phone will be bricked.
- Enable USB debugging on your device. To do so, go to settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
Procedure to install CyanogenMOD 9 in your HTC Wildfire S
- Make sure that you’ve already followed the stuff mentioned in the pre-requisites section.
- Download the Cyanogen mod 9 for HTC Wildfire S Package.
- Connect your HTC Wildfire S to your PC and transfer the same to the internal memory of the phone.
- After the transfer is complete, disconnect the phone and start it in the Recovery mode. For this press the Volume down+Power buttons till the screen starts up. If the phone starts normally then remove the battery and again perform the steps.
Note : In recovery mode the touchscreen doesn’t work so you will need to use the Volume rocker to navigate and Home button to make selection.
- When in recovery mode, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset, confirm it on the next screen.
- Press the back button and when on the main scree of the Recovery Mode, Select install zip from SD Card and on the next screen select Choose zip from SD Card . After all this, browse to the location of the CyanogenMOD zip you downloaded previously.
- Select the file by clicking the Home button after which the installation of the firmware will start. It will take about 5-6 Minutes for the procedure to complete.
- Now select +++Go back+++ which will take you to the previous menu.
- Now on the main screen of the Recovery, select Reboot system now.
- Your HTC Wildfire S will now restart with the CyanogenMOD 9 ICS.
That’s it. Now you have CyanogenMOD 9 in your HTC Wildfire S. Though the procedure was very simple but if you are struck with any hurdles during the procedure, do a comment below in the comments section. I’ll get to as soon as I can.