A large number of ROM’s are coming for HTC One X day by day. Now another AOKP ROM has been released for the One X which you must be try on your phone. AOKP ROM is based on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 that give you a amazing Android experience and without any custom manufacturer UI or bloatware on top. The ROM is in it’s early stages so there should be few bugs/issues present.
Read on to know more about the procedure to Install AOKP ROM On your HTC One X Android Device.
Bugs in the AOKP ROM for HTC One X:
- Camera doesn’t work.
- WiFi hotspot doesn’t work.
- Mobile data will take a lot of time to correctly connect, there’s not much you can do about it just wait untill it correctly connects. When it is connected is stable, it will not disconnect this happens only after a reboot or after initial setup.
Disclaimer: We would not be held responsible for any damage caused to your device due to the usage of this guide written by us. There are possibilities that your device can stop working, but that is a very unlike event if you follow our given procedure carefully. Neither the developer nor us will be held responsible.
Pre-Requisites Before Installing AOKP ROM
- The Procedure written in this guide is for HTC One X.
- Use the Android Backup guide written by us to backup SMS, MMS, Call Logs and other important stuff stored on your mobile phone.
- Charge your mobile phone or make sure that it has around 60% battery because, if the device gets switched of in between the process then your mobile phone will be bricked.
- Enable USB debugging on your device. To do so, go to settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging
How To Install AOKP ROM On HTC One X
- Make sure that you’ve already followed the stuff mentioned in the pre-requisites section.
- Unlock the bootloader on your HTC One X from – HERE.
- Then Install ClockWorkMod recovery (CWM) from – HERE.
- Now, install the HTC Sync software to install proper drivers for the device from – HERE.
- Download the ROM which you have to install on your HTC One X from – HERE.
- Download Google Apps package (GAAPS) from – HERE. This will install apps like Market, Gmail, etc.
- Copy the .zip file that you’ve downloaded in step 5th and 6th to your SD card.
- Extract boot.img from inside the ROM’s .zip file that you’ve downloaded in step 5 using Winzip.
- Download fastboot software from – HERE.
- Now, extract the fastboot.zip file to C: drive on your PC. Then you will get a folder named Fastboot having 4 files inside it.
- Copy the boot.img file that you’ve extracted in 8th step to the Fastboot folder on C: drive. Then you should have 5 files inside Fastboot folder.
- Turn off your device. Then enter into Fastboot mode. To do that, boot into bootloader mode by holding Volume down and then pressing Power key. Now, select fastboot mode from there using volume button to navigate and power button to select. Connect your Device to the PC after entering in Fastboot mode.
- Now, open Command prompt on your PC .
- Then type given commands in command prompt to flash the boot.img file. Press enter after each command.
- cd c:Fastboot
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- When the kernel is flashed you will get a message finished/OKAY in command prompt.
- Then disconnect your phone from PC.
- Now, select HBOOT using power button. Then select recovery to boot your device into recovery mode.
- Through the main recovery menu, select “Install zip from SD card” then “Choose zip from SD card ” and then find the ROM and select it. Confirm installation by selecting yes.
- After installation is complete again select “Choose zip from SD card” but this time select the gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip file.
- When installation is complete go back and select reboot system now to reboot the device.
That’s all, you’ve successfully Installed AOKP ROM on your HTC One X.
I am Rahul Garewal a content writer and a Professional Blogger. I am certified with E20-598 testwhich is very popular these days and have a great scope in the field of IT Certification. I always like to take certification exams and now I have planned to pass E20-591 test. These kinds of exams could secure your future as well as your job.